Web ads for dvm360.com
A 5-day lead time prior to the scheduled live date is required for all standard (non-rich media) banners.
Rich-media assets require a 10-day lead time.
Formats Accepted for Desktop or Mobile Ads: JPG, GIF, PNG, or Rich Media. All ads must be 72 dpi RGB images. Third-party tags are required for all rich media, and must be SSL compliant, as rich media is not site served.
- Leaderboard: 728 x 90 pixels; 60k maximum file size
- Medium Rectangle: 300 x 250 pixels: 60k maximum file size
- Skyscraper: 160 x 600 pixels; 40k maximum file size
- Small Rectangle: 300 x 100 pixels; 40k maximum file size
- 300×250 medium rectangle, 40k maximum file size
- 300×50 mobile banner, 40k maximum file size
A backup image for any rich media ad is required.
- Format: JPG, GIF, PNG
- Size: 40k max.
Desktop Rich Media Big expandable banner:
960 x 35 expanding to 960 x 450
- On initial page load:
Ad automatically expands down upon initial page load, displays for a maximum of seven (7) seconds, then retracts automatically. Automatic drop down of ad is limited to one time per day per user.
- Click through: Clickable links must open in new tab/window. Please follow click through tracking instructions of the rich media ad hosting platform you use.
- Panel initiation: User click expands ad to play, no mouse over allowed.
- Panel Closing: A specifically defined close button the user clicks on retracts the ad, no mouse out allowed. A close button must be present in all instances of ad expansion.
- Back up: GIF required
- Auto Initiated Load: Expansion – 80 KB maximum
- User Initiated Load: Expansion – 1MB maximum
When Submitting Rich Media
- A linking URL must be provided with creative.
- Animated GIF ads must be slower than 5 FPS
- Maximum number of panels: 4
- Maximum weight per panel: 60k
- Maximum panel expansion sizes:
- 728×90 to 728×315
- 160×600 to 600×600
- 300×250 to 600×250
- Panel Initiation: User click
- Panel Closing: User click
- Close Button Requirements: Close or skip for all interstitials, and close for expanding ad units.
- Panel Expansion Direction:
- 728×90: down
- 160×600: right
- 300×250: left
- 20% average CPU usage accepted, sustained spikes over 70% will be rejected.
- Data Collection: Requires clear opt-in language to indicate to whom the user is submitting information.
- Hotspot: Not to exceed 1/4 size of ad. Initiated when cursor rests on hotspot for at least 1 sec. Must NOT initiate audio.
- A backup image must also be provided. Be sure all primary information is on 1st frame of .gifs.
- Accepted formats: JPG, PNG, GIF
- Size: 40 KB (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- HTML5 ads with embedded video must be 24 fps or slower (18 fps recommended)
- Acceptable Formats: MP4, OGG, WebM for multi-browser compatibility
- Maximum Video Weight: 1.2 MB
- Auto initiated load/expansion: 1 MB max
- Audio: Must be user initiated
- Video: Can be host or user initiated, and must have a start feature
- Maximum play time: 30 seconds
- Required Controls: audio, play, pause, mute, unmute
Please Note: We no longer accept Flash assets for dvm360.com.
Libraries and assets such as jQuery, Greensock, Font files, CSS etc. cannot be hosted on shared domains and must be uploaded and served by the approved third party vendor. Example: If you are using jQuery in the ad and the file is loading from “http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js” —this will not be accepted. The jQuery file needs to be hosted by the 3rd party platform used.
Avoid animation effects that are CPU intensive, avoid or reduce the usage of:
- Loops and timers
- Minimize DOM access
- Avoid eval() to avoid security risks
- Avoid global variables
If providing Rich Media HTML and other Assets to UBM in Order to Have Third-Party Tags Created: Please do not minify your files. This will help us greatly during our QA process, in order to ensure that everything renders correctly.
If providing Rich Media HTML ads with Third-Party Ad Tags:
- Minifying files makes a huge difference and can help improve performance. Please consider minifying HTML, CSS and JS using a suitable minifier of your choice
For all e-news ads: Formats accepted are GIF, PNG, JPG. You must also provide one live click URL.
Leaderboard: 728 x 90 pixels, 30kb maximum file size
Medium Rectangle: 300 x 250 pixels, 30kb maximum file size (available in dvm360 Full Circle only)
Skyscraper: 160 x 600 pixels, 30k maximum file size (not available in dvm360 Full Circle)
Banner: 468 x 60 pixels, 30k maximum file size
Button: 120 x 60 pixels, 20k maximum file size (for a double-wide: 240×60 pixels)
If third-party, only Click URL and 1×1 pixel tracker accepted with GIF, PNG or JPG
- When designing an Animated GIF for an e-newsletter please be sure that the first frame is not too ambiguous. Outlook 2007 & 2010 will serve an Animated GIF but will not support its animation, so only the first frame will appear.
- Flash will not work for newsletters. Animated .GIF will work, but make sure to fill the first frame of the ad with information that can stand alone.
Sponsored Product or Text Ad:
Text ad placements require each of the following items:
- Text header: 60 characters (including spaces)
- Body text: 75 words
- One JPG image that is 100×100 pixels, 40 KB maximum file size
- One Live Click URL
- Please include a call-to-action (CTA) or indicate which text is to be linked to your URL
Newsletter due dates: All assets must be provided no later than seven (7) days prior to the scheduled issue date.
While copying your sales representative, please e-mail all assets to:
- Website & e-Newsletter ad images along with click URLs to:
- dvm360 Products Directory all images and text go to: